Your health and safety are our top priorities
At Austin Breast Imaging, we know how important it is to have regular screening mammograms. That’s why we’ve introduced safety procedures in our centers to ensure you have a safe place to have your screening or diagnostic mammogram.
In accordance with the current CDC guidance, a well-secured cloth or mask that fits snugly against the face, covers an individual’s nose and mouth, and is secured under the chin will be accepted. In alignment with the intention of this policy, these are a few examples of coverings that will not be accepted: (1)Those with holes in the covering, including those with exhalation valves or those made solely of materials like mesh or lace fabrics and (2)Those that cannot be secured under the chin, including bandanas and face shields. Face shields may be worn in addition to face coverings, but not in place of face coverings. Neck gaiters (also called multi-bands) may be worn as face coverings so long as they cover the nose and mouth and are secured under the chin.
Additionally, we’ve implemented additional measures to ensure your safety, and the safety of our clinicians:
- All patients are screened for symptoms of COVID-19 prior to arrival/staff is screened daily
- Regular sanitizing of all equipment between patients
- Constant cleaning and sanitizing of all countertops, doorknobs and other common surfaces is performed throughout the day
- Limited number of patients allowed in waiting rooms/family members asked to stay home
- Patients have the opportunity to wait in their vehicles until their appointment is ready.
- Staff wear gloves in addition to the required face mask